music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, November 13, 2006

How I Feel At Least Once a Week

Mondays aren't so bad if you're coming off a great weekend. I know it's crazy but I think it's true! At least today! Maybe it's all the chocolate I consumed this morning. That helps with the spirits.

Fall has been going full-speed ahead and I'm bracing myself to slam headfirst into December in a few weeks. It's exciting.

Friday night Laura and I headed to The Paradise to see Mohair, a band I met and fell in love with at CMJ. I'd never heard their music, but somewhere between drinkin beers in the basement of the Bowery and Pete trying to poke their manager in the neck so he'd bob his head like a pigeon, I promised to see them play in Boston. Their show was charming and fun and poppy and Laura and I sort of marveled at the abnormally skinney legs and tight white pants of the lead singer.


After that we headed to River Gods for drinks and drawing of whales (don't ask.) Somewhere along the lines I promised a near-stranger a birthday present, talked about DJing there soon and managed to get back to Allston in time to buy Keving Hoskins a birthday show at The Model.

And Laura now has a page in my notebook dedicated to her famously funny drunk comments.


Saturday Laura, Heather, Michael and I headed to the MFA and checked out the Fashion Show exhibit. Some collections were better than others. Chanel came through of course, and there were a few others that were really incredible.. And then there was the group of skirts and dresses that seemed to be inspired by Wooly Mammoths..
Heather and I giggled quite a bit over the group of old women gathered by a show being projected on a blank wall "Ohh that's wearable."

We walked around the museum for a bit longer and I found some of the best expressions I've ever seen captured on canvas


I DJ'd The Plan that night, sneaking out early to head to Happy Endings for some quality time with my favorite couple ever Caitlin and Ian. I like them a lot individually too, but it's rare to see them at the same time now that Ian up and moved to NYC.

And of course, nothing says photo-op like Happy Endings! Hunter did an excellent job playing "lurker" in this one. Or maybe my head is just too big.. either way..



Yesterday was spent hiding from the rain, consuming greasy diner food and pretty much having the best Sunday ever. Nate decided to have a dinner party, so a bunch of people came over and we made individual calzones which sounds bad in theory but was actually a great idea! I'm glad I thought of it! We then proceeded to play some crazy rounds of Scattegories and Pictionary. I'm proud to say that Hunter and I were victorious with our astounding depictions of "smother," "surfboard" and more.

And now it's Monday, the start to one of the busiest weeks ever. Ohhhhh my.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home