music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Opening Day

It's 8:30am and I'm awake. I went to sleep at 3am. Welcome to CMJ, the land of too much Red Bull and speeding heart rates.

Last night was The Syndicate's annual Conflict of Interest opening night party. Although it was bigger ("I'm upstairs" "I'm in the hallway thingie" "I'm downstairs but not in the very downstairs"), and DID have some delicious cotton candy and popcorn, there was a lot of "who the hell are all these people" and "the open bar is over!" Regardless, we had a great time. I learned that getting pulled around in a plastic mail crate will result in falling on your ass (and elbow) and spilling your beer on someone's kneecap...

Let's recap shall we?

Ian and Caitlin came out and were as adorable as ever...


So were Dan and Jake...


And F is in town!! FFFFFF!!!!!


This was the best idea ever!! You can't even tell who they are!!


Okay, I take that back.. THIS was the best idea ever.. Beer bottle cotton candy!


Ohhhh sooo delicious


After deciding to forego the $10 beers that Spirit was serving up after the free drinks ran out, we decided to take it to another bar. That bar was not Blarney Stone apparently. Those a-holes left me while I was in the bathroom. You will not be forgiven!

Anyway, we found our way to Dusk at 7th and 24th and took it over. Luckily we had the best bartender ever and finished out the night in grand fashion..

Abby's in town from San Fran. She video'd us. It's probably embarassing.


Canada drew napkin pictures for hours.


Ben has a razor sharp jaw. His chin will stab you.


Dude. This is Brad and Jake. Jake is the best. I just met Brad and he seems nice too, but dude, it's JAKE!


Scandal in the Spectre office.


cheers cheers cheers cheers


Omar!! Love of my life! My dearest friend! From the wilds of Montreal!


Rohan finally decided I was worthwhile enough to include me in his life.


And finally, the bartender Syd (or Sid) awarded me second place for the 11:30 hour napkin contest. I told him the Snakes on a Plane jokes were soooo yesterday.


All in all it was a great time... And there's only 25% of the population here so far... Many stories to come..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home