music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Hot Child in the City

Three days down... three to go.

Yesterday's rundown:

Rockstar energy drinks consumed: 2
Foosh mints consumer: 1
Bands seen: Mason Proper, Hot IQs, Matches, Novillero, Heavens, Hello Stranger, Dr. Dog, The Knife
Awesome parties thrown: 1
Number of times I seriously considered chopping off my legs: 13

After a semi-stressful start to the day (messy venue, no soundguy etc. etc.), we started putting together our party at Arlene's Grocery.

Nika was in charge of color-coding the sugar skulls.


Mason Proper went on around 3 to open up the party and played one of the best sets I've seen them do, complete with two GREAT new songs (!!!)


Ok ok, I had to include this one too cause Jon's doing a fancy-free leg kick. aha!



Next. Hot IQs put firecracker.. As a sidenote, Doug and I ran into drummer Elaine on the subway the other day and I've never seen anyone so tiny hold open big metal doors like that. I was incredibly impressed.


Matches came on next.. check out how stoked the blonde haired girl is...


Heavens closed out the night and I finally took a decent picture..


Ooooo and here are some people!!

like two of my favorites! Derek and Lindsey!


Too cool to go inside...


Crowd inside


Crowd outside



Okay okay okay.. Onto the rest of the night.. I managed to get into the Bowery for Dr. Dog and spent a good amount of time bonding with my new favorite people, Mohair. English people really are funnier.

Dr. Dog were as incredible as always and even brought on Cold War Kids and Elvis Perkins to jam along with them



I also saw The Knife at Webster Hall and took a shitty video of it, which I will try to upload.. hmmm..

And then there was Galapagos, where I got to spend some quality time with Nika and take some nerdy photobooth pics before calling it at night. I got home by 2:30am! Amazing!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger pukey b said...

i can't believe i made it to your blog. wow. famous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home