music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Frickin' Weekend


Friday I ran out of work to meet up with Heather and together we ran to Beantown Pub to meet up with Dany, Greg, Jamie and a couple of her friends for a drinking and eating fest that lasted a few hours. Afterwards we parted ways and Heather and I headed to Reel Bar in Allston to meet up with Aimee and Laura (hey, it was a "meet up" kind of weekend.) I had never been there but Aimee was singing the praises of their photo booth, which pretty much sold me. Not to mention they had free Pacman and stuff. Ian Robinson was DJing old school hip hop and us girls just sorta took over the corner booth and goofed off for a few hours (see pictures.) It was great to go somewhere new in town... especially since it kicked ass. The door guy seemed fairly confused that we were there.. and some guy standing at the bar asked how a guy was supposed to approach a table of ladies like that. I told him we were all married with six kids and this was our night out.

The bar closed early, so we ran over to the Pill for some awkward dancing to finish out the night. Poor Heather had to get up to work at an ungodly hour. Whoops!

Saturday I spent too much money on a fabulous array of clothing and make-up.. including quite possibly the most perfect dress in existance. Looked ugly on the hanger, but "cute on." Laura treated me to some mexican food at Sol De Mexico and I discovered that mole sauce (at least their mole sauce) makes me wanna puke.

The Plan was great.. it was good to DJ again after a couple weeks of being away... even though it was tough to figure out what worked between Part Chimp and Big Bear (someone suggested Barry White.) The Cops convinced me early on that I should attend the after party Big Bear was showing (even though they ended up bailing!! boo!!), so I gave in and prepared myself for a long night out. I piled in Carl and Keri's car with Bob and Nate and we headed out to the practice space after the show. And then...

Somehow, I'm not sure how, the weirdest "jam session" ever happened. We were scattered in the room.. me with Nate's empty scotch bottle and a drumstick, Nate with a drum and Part Chimp filling out the rest. It was really incredible.. or as Carl said, "fucking unreal."

Nate and I ended up staying out too late.. I discovered my love for drumming and we ate at IHOP at 6 in the morning.

Yesterday I spent trying to catch up on sleep and half-way watching a Friends marathon with Eli. I don't even really like Friends. I finally dragged myself out of bed and went to the Middle East for What Made Milwaukee Famous, Dr. Dog and The Gossip. This was my first time seeing the Gossip for who knows what reason and I was completely blown away.

Blah. I'm sick of typing. It was a weekend. A lot happened. Jenny comes on Thursday. Madness.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger aimee said...

yeah, i ended up at reel bar again last night.

i need to hook up my scanner again and scan all the dumb ass photos from that place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home