music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, March 23, 2006

VIDEO MANIA!!!

Umm.. Can cereal mold? Like if it's just sitting nicely in my cabinet waiting for me to put it in a baggy and bring to work? Cause I'm kinda convinced it can now. This is totally gonna ruin my ability to ever eat dry Trader Joe's Maple Wheat Squares isn't it. Goddamn it. My freshman year of college I got a rotten piece of tofu on my salad and things haven't been the same since.

Yesterday, to my delight Jay from Light Footwork informed me that he used to be in a band called Zack Morissey. Not only is that the best band name ever, but there's video that proves that before Jay started writing great pop music, he was a high school Weezer fan just like the rest of us.

Speaking of video, a couple days ago Greg aka DJ Never Forget of Finger on the Pulse that there was a video of Loryn and I dancing to Cloud Room at the SXSW Absolute Debauchery party. How embarassing. If you do a find on the page for "Cloud Room," it should come up. Loryn's the tall one in the tank top.. I'm near the end with the blonde hair.

Last night Eli, Laura and I went to The Paradise to see Youth Group. I figured out a few things while I was there. 1. Taxpayer are assholes 2. I can fall asleep during anything 3. The lead singer of Youth Group doesn't actually wear that striped shirt every at show like I was convinced he did.

But seriously, in regard to point #1, I'm sorry my friend didn't know who the fuck you were and was trying to sell somebody her extra ticket... there's no need to act all "don't you know who we are?" about it. You're a local band, that's who you are. Also, there's no need to heckle Youth Group and then talk shit about them as people are leaving. You are the opener for a reason.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

true dat!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home