music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Left, Right, Center, Dot

Ah I'm drowning in Shiner Bock. Well, not at the moment. At the moment I'm drowning Starbucks coffee and listening to Gnarles Barkley tracks. Last night we buckled down for some rounds of a "popular dice game" (I forget the name) here at the house. We started playing with bottle caps, but by the end of the night, it was $1 bills and somehow ended up being the only one to lose every game. There goes $9.

We went to Shady Grove for dinner, which is exactly the kind of place that makes me want to sell everything I own and move to Texas. The entire place is made of unfinished wood and strung up with Christmas lights and there's more outdoor seating than indoor. They serve things like fried catfish and jalapenos twice-baked potatoes. There were even green chiles in my "Southwestern Caesar Salad." Their outdoor bathrooms are located in a trailer split into two sides (the woman's side is painted bright pink and there's warnings of "uneven floor.") All of this coupled with Shiner on tap and Southern accents. Dear Texas, I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home