music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, February 20, 2006

Here Comes The Morality Police


After spending all Friday exhausted, I opted to stay in that night. Eli brought over Boca Grande (avocado in a burrito? I say yes!)and we (along with Laura and Nate) settled in for a quiet night with Hustle and Flow. I fell asleep pretty quickly, which caused me to miss most of the movie (which was apparently terrible! who could have predicted?!), but didn't miss out on these choice lyrics from the soundtrack:


You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)
When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)
[1] Because a whole lot of bitches talkin shit (you ain't knowin)
[2] Will have a whole lot of bitches talkin shit (you ain't knowin)


Saturday I went to the Coolidge Corner Gym for the first time in 39849080 months and worked out. It's not the fanciest gym out there, but it's close by and is fairly affordable. But honestly, people should stop warning college kids about the "freshman 15" and start letting them know about the "24 year-old metabolism slow down." Actually I think my brother did warn me of that a while ago. Dammit.

The Headset/Plain Janes/Mittens/Furvis show went pretty well on Saturday, good turn out and I played some songs that the two drunk dancing girls seemed to like... There was also someone famous in the crowd that pretty much made Carl pee himself.. Apparently Juliana Hatfield really likes local musicians.. like really really likes them. Now I know it's not my place to judge, unlike when I watch television, cause those people chose to be on TV and be judged, but is it really that awesome for a 38 year old to be doin it with a 20 something year old? I mean, it's great for him, but really.. do you think she brags to her friends that she's bedding a college-age local musician? Me, Carl and Nate got into a loud discussion about it at the end of the night and yes, I admit I used a bad example,

but whatever.. my point still is: ewwwww. Why doesn't she want to date some middle-aged musician? I hear Scott Stapp might be single again soon....

I forgot to mention this last week, but Eli found this awesome website called Last.Fm. The site monitors what's being played on your itunes, so your friend in California will know that you just listened to that new Nelly Furtado track. You can check out my playlist (and make fun of it) here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home