music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, February 16, 2006

"Dude she's gained like 50 pounds"

Rachel of Visqueen posted a bulletin on myspace with a link to their latest newsletter.. which contained some delightful news! It turns out Rachel, who sings on 'That Teenage Feeling' and 'The Needle Has Landed' on Neko's new record, is going to be singing backup not only on Neko's European tour, but will also be joining her during her SXSW dates and an appearance on the Tonight Show (March 9th). On top of that, Visqueen will be playing SXSW at the Lucky Lounge on March 17th. I was a little worried after I didn't see them on the original list, but my fears have been aleviated. Bring on the Shiner!

Eli and I ate burritos last night and watch probably too much bad television (it was so good though!). My Favorite grey-haired American Idol contestant made it through, and Daniel V. will in fact be going to Olympus Fashion Week, so all is well in the world of reality TV. We also watched part of MTV's Fat Camp. In my opinion, Fat Camp looks pretty fun. All they have to to do is eat less food and then run around and swim all day. I would be happy to be stuck next to a lake all summer, but maybe that's just me. Fat kids are mean.

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Temptd said...

Fat kids are MEAN? WTF??? I was a fat kid. No one was mean but everyone around me. I was not mean until now. Yeah, all they did was sit around eat and run and swim. No, if you were there you would know what they did. They couldnt just get a soda out of the fridge, they couldnt just eat a snickers, they couldnt just watch tv... They were made to swim, made to exercise, made to get up at a certain time, made to go to bed at a certain time...Hmmm... I would like to see you get fat and go to camp like they did. They have to be there and everyone around them knows that they are fat and thats the reason and all that. Skinny people are mean like you....

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

I'm sorry. That should have said kids are mean, cause almost all kids are mean no matter what size they are. I'm guessing the point of fat camp is for overweight kids to be around other overweight kids so that they can feel more comfortable and have people around them to support them in getting active, but the show only made it clear that kids will be kids no matter what.

Also, I'm pretty sure the point of camp... any camp.. is for kids to get outside and be in nature and build relationships.. so I'm sure the being "made swim" or "made to get up a certain time" would be a part of any camp you went to, no matter what. Structure is sort of the point.

I went to Baptist church camp when I was in 8th grade. Sitting through bible study for long periods of time is way less fun than volleyball, trust me.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would give anything to be "made to swim", "made to exersise", and "made to get up at a certain time"...and have some one make me meals that are good for me...ummm.

And none of those kids "have" to be there. They are all rich little bastards who got fat on Daddy's dollars...and now they are there (on Daddy's dollars again...) to better themselves and lose a few pounds. A losing weight is fucking hard if you are a bitchy little teenage know -it-all who's never had to do a damn thing in their life.

So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home