music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Death Cab for Grammy

I was planning on posting a picture of DCFC on the Red Carpet of the Grammys (or is it green carpet now?) but I couldn't find a photo no matter how many different ways I googled "death cab grammy red carpet." What I did find, to my delight, was pictures taken at the first Death Cab show I ever went to... November 9th, 2000. I was a college freshman and ended up falling asleep in the back with Zaneta while they played (I did make it through Kind of Like Spitting and Pedro the Lion though.) It's a nice memory.. and it's nice to look at the days when Ben Gibbard wasn't so doughy.



Jackson of Racetrack/Bellingham/KUGS/etc./etc. took the pics that I found. You can check out his band here.

1 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy fuck. I was at that show in portland. i actually recorded it on a handheld recorder. Best fucking show ever. of course at the time i was hardly into death cab but was already way into pedro and of course kols.
ah the good ole' days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home