music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, February 03, 2006

That Teenage Feeling


At SXSW last year, after probably one too many Shiners, Ben Hooker and I tried to finesse our way past the line for Antony's to see Calexico's set.. Apparently Neko Case was to jump on stage with the band, and even in our drunken stupor, we knew we could not miss it. After failed attempts at the door (which I, for the first time, flashed my business card like someone might care) and finding no way to "sneak in the back way," we somehow made our way into the crowded room towards some of Ben's friends, which included Neko herself. And there, tired from too many shows and too many drinks, I met Neko Case. Perhaps I'm being dramatic, but that was probably the closest I will ever get to meeting someone who, in my mind, will some day be a musical legend. Now if only I could convince my mom that I'm right.

3-17 Austin, TX - Antone's (Billions SXSW Showcase)
3-30 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre
4-06 New York, NY - Webster Hall
4-07 New York, NY - Webster Hall
4-12 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
4-13 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
5-27 Quincy, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre (Sasquatch Music Festival)
6-15 Telluride, CO - Town Park (Telluride Bluegrass Festival)

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Elianna Lev said...

I met Neko when she toured with the Organ. It was very exciting. I was nervous. I adore her.
xo
Elly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home