music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Laundry Hog

So last night I rushed home for soup, American Idol and some laundry work. I planned on getting the latter done on Monday but was too tired, so there I was, bag full of dirty clothes, trying to get them nice and fresh for my trip to NYC tomorrow. Our building has two sets of washers and dryers in different areas. I went to the one farthest from my apartment first, but found both washers full of dry clothes. I figured someone had either forgotten their laundry or someone else had removed forgotten dry laundry and put in the washer. Anyway, I decided to go to the other set of washers and use one of those instead. Same thing happened.

So at this point I'm just like "well someone obviously forgot about their stuff, so I'll remove one set so that I can run my clothes through. " I did this and then returned to my place to be unimpressed by the American Idol ladies.

When I returned later on, there was a girl (more like a lady.. a 30 year old trashy lady) putting her close in both dryers. Ok. I ran back to my place to grab my laudry bag so that I could use the other dryers in the building. No such luck. Miss Track Suit was using both of those as well. Needless to say, I was pissed. But it gets even better.

About an hour later, I return to try to snag a dryer again, and once again, Miss Hair Straightener is in the area. She looks at me and says "oo sorry, I usually run my clothes through twice" all whiney and fake nice. She then asks me if I want her to knock on my door when she's done.. and I tell her no, because I need to get up early in the morning for work and was hoping to get it before I went to bed. "yeah.. sorrry..." I then tell her that I didn't think she was gonna use all of the dryers and that I think that it was impolite of her to do so.. "Well I think it was impolite of you to take my clothes out of the washer." I let her know that there was no way for me to know if someone had just forgotten their stuff downstairs or whatever.. and she replies "yeah.. sometimes this happens and I just use the laundrymat down the street." Instead of calling her every filthy name I could think of, I return to my apartment fuming and wondering what I could do for revenge. The answer is nothing. All I can do is be pissed off, and dump my soaking wet clothing on the floor and hope that it dries before morning. The bitch has won apparently, because I'm too much of a wuss to sabatoge.

But then, as I'm cleaning the bathroom, Miss I Dress 10 Years Younger Than I Actually Am comes to the door and offers to put my clothes in the dryer if I leave them for her and some quarters. Right. I blame it on the female guilt complex.. there was no way in hell I'd let that girl touch my clothes just so she could feel like less of a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home