music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's Gonna Take Me a Minute Cause Your Hair Is Different

The first official day is finished and what a fantastic day it was. Managed to check out The Slats, Birdmonster (!), The Sharking, The Editors, Aberdeen City, The Vacation, Field Music, Castenets, Wooden Wand & the Vanishing Voice , Cloud Room and National Trust. I think that's it. My feet are tired, my makeup's smeared, but I feel satisfied. While at my last show of the night, I noticed a familiar face dancing to National Trust.. I had to catch my breath once I realized it was none other than Loryn Hatch, who I haven't seen since she moved away in 8th grade to live in Italy. I thought I was imagining it, but I sucked it up and said hello... we sort of dissolved into awkward giggles and scrabbled outside to catch up. There's no other old friend that I would rather have run into. I was delighted.



Here we are having dinner on a Southern porch. I was only half awake.


Steve and Canada at Yarrr PR showcase. Haters.

This is before he got pissy and knocked over the microphone and stormed off stage with the rest of the band. I wish I were joking.

Well manicured eyebrows.

Last show of my night... Everyone danced during Hey Now Now.


She looks lovely in the sunlight.


Aberdeen City's showcase was packed. Fantastic.


The Vacation (with fog machine?)

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger aimee said...

you bastard. you'd better not be having fun with heather without me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home