music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, March 24, 2006

Called Out By the Shoe Police


For some reason the kids around here are always going on walking field trips right around the time I'm on my way to work.. and this morning a junior high girl yelled to her friends as I was passing through their traveling group "I have those shoes! She got them at Payless!" Yes, I did. And now a bunch of junior highers think that I'm uncool. And the truth is, they're probably right.

Last night I hurried out of the office late and forced myself into the gym before grabbing a banana for dinner and heading down to Great Scott for the Annie show. First of all, where did all those young hip people come from? I wanted to grab them all by their angular haircuts and ask them why they don't come out to The Plan every weekend. Is it because Carl and I aren't adorable Norwegian pop stars?

Laura and I settled in at one the back tables and chatted about the crazy antics of a certain ex (not mine.)Just to let you all know, being incredibly creepy will NOT win the girl back.. but it will amuse her friends.

Shy Child opened up the show.. I couldn't really see them from where I was, but they sounded like a band. A pulsing thumping band. Protokoll went on next. It's been a while since I've seen them, and they seem like they've gained a lot more confidence. The first time I saw them, there was a lot of fumbling and equipment failure, but they've definitely gotten more balls about them.. although I do find awkwardness endearing.

I ended up staying for only part of Annie's set. By the time she went on it was midnight and I was tired from the day and realized that no matter how cute she is, it's hard to perfectly bring an amazing live show with only a DJ, a guitar player and her. I'm not hating though. She played Chewing Gum and I got to watch the incredibly adorable people dancing in the back.

Eli was nice enough to grab me a Jane bag from the private party earlier, so now I'm the proud owner of the latest issue, a extremely large gaming t-shirt and a totally awesome gaming hat. Since when are Jane readers fat and love video games? The comp ain't half bad though.

Tonight I'm meeting with Jamie and some of her friends at Siloutte and then Heather and Laura later on. I'm feeling like some shenanagins. It's been a week after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home