music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I've been listen to Japandroid's Post-Nothing tons lately and I just their p-fork review and it perfectly summed up why I love it.

"Disliking teen-pop gets you cast as some sort of rockist Luddite these days, but beyond the fact that most of it doesn't sound like stuff I'd have wanted to hear as a high schooler, it doesn't feel like music for teens either. (Hell, it's more tween-pop than teen-pop anyway.) But what about the kind of stuff that, say, the "1979" video lionized-- breaking into your folks' liquor cabinet, obliterating the speed limit despite just getting your learner's permit, leaving your hometown for the first time and discovering how small it feels. What about jamming out with your best bud and deciding to call it a band?"

Went to City Hall to meet up with Doug and Finch last night - ended up at a wine bar (which I will never do again! So expensive!!!) I rarely get to see Finch, so it was a treat. We met my first SXSW - I let him borrow my shoes and we walked around Austin talking about music and me starting work for Pirate. He's incredibly sincere and maybe a bit of a dreamer - it was fun to lounge around him and Doug and catch up.

They headed home with Steve after the Lucero, and I went to JJ Foleys with Carl, Keri, Kevin and Josh... Then went to GS and sat there after closing talking to Tim and Melissa and everyone. It was a great night. These are people I will miss.

I slept in today and wandered around Davis this afternoon.. Been trying to pack up my room - but it seems like such a daunting task. I really should just get rid of everything, but that's always been hard to do.. Been trying to figure out what I'll actually need and use in NYC and what should be trashed. I wish I didn't own so much STUFF!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home