music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Lazy weekend interjected with moments of greatness.

#1. After stopping by an art show near Fenway with Gabi, I hopped on the train to Allston for the Harvey Danger show at Harper's Ferry. Opening up were Organ Beats (eh) and Magic Magic (yah!) Laura, Scott and Kevin were my +3 for the show - we got a prime spot up front. They played for like 2 hours - including a new song! No complaints on the setlist - though they didn't play Wooly Muffler. I was told the show was about 50 people away from being sold out - and it was great to look around and see so many people geeking out (Laura claims that there was a girl in the front crying?? hmm...) and singing along. I don't think I stopped smiling the entire show. Sad that they're calling it quits - but happy they were able to come through Boston on the way out.

#2. Saturday was boring. I looked at craigslist for 800 hours. This terrible new apartment obsession will be the death of me. I picked out a couch that I want to get (every time I say something like this, it must be followed with "if everything works out.") It folds out into a bed for future guests.



I am hoping my boss will talk to his boss and a job situation can be worked out.. and then hopefully I can go talk to the landlords next weekend. 1 1/2 months left - costa rica. Gah gah. I'm going to blog about this until then. It's annoying and I apologize.

#3. I finished Man Men season 2 today - just in time for season 3 next week! Emily and I also went and saw Julie/Julia at the Somerville Theater.. which was adorable and charming. I recommend it! See it with your lady friends! We swung by Goodwill after and I scored a pretty blue/green vase, framed painting, a Scandinavian cookbook (for Brooke, who just married a Dane) and a pair of high boots.





Did I mention my credit card got stolen last week? Cause it did.

Also, keep Grandpa John in your thoughts, along with Tante.

4 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Calley said...

I'm glad you went to see that movie, because I actually thought it looked good! And I've wanted to start watching Mad Men forever, so maybe I'll start that too. Your weekends are always a million times more divine than mine. I cleaned baby barf and other fun things all day Saturday. Much rather be hunting on Craigslist. Keep posting.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Beast said...

It's really cute! You'd like it. Mad Men is pretty good - not super action packed, but it's full of well-dressed powerful people, illustrious affairs and deep dark secrets. Haha! I have been clicking back and forth between job hunting and apartment daydreaming. Over and over and over again. I'm suprised I'm not cross-eyed by now.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Gilltron said...

I hope that when I come to visit, you have that spread of wine and plastic fruit waiting on the floor for me. Romance.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Beast said...

i will have a spread of wine and plastic fruit and piles and piles of fine cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home