music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, July 27, 2009

Dear Livejournal

I tend to keep things fairly light hearted in this here blog, but for some reason today threw me about 8,000 curve balls.

Lack of sleep last night - sore throat this morning...

Found out that I can take over Heather's apartment in October, which is great news. It's a one bedroom studio in Greenpoint. Big, lots of storage.. Problem is, the conversation with my boss did not go as I hoped. I was hoping to be able to work remotely, but he did not seem optimistic. He did say it might be possible to come up with a contract or maybe work part time and slowly faze myself out of the company. He's going to talk to our CMO next week.. I'm hoping we can come up with something that works for everyone. I know I'll eventually want to transition out of my job, so maybe this will be the best thing after all.. I just know I want to move on to the next stage of my life. The New York City stage. Basically I have to do this. I need to not be afraid - I'm always ok.



My Tante (Virginia, my mom's step mother) was recently diagnosed with cancer, I was told today. I haven't gotten up the courage to call her yet - I'm not sure what to say. She will go through some rounds of radiation, but it's unclear of how she will handle it after that. I can only hope that she has the strength in her to fight this as long as possible.

This is one of the hardest parts of being across the country from my family. I wish I could hug my mom right now.

I don't usually say this, but please keep my family in your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home