music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, August 06, 2009

I will be in Costa Rica this time next month! That means 4 weeks of exercising my brain off, cooking copious vegetables and trying to save money by staying in and watching french films that make me fall asleep.

Ah yes, end of summer..

New York was fun - ran around with French speaking friends of Maria (they taught me how to say "you can't leave yet!" and I told them I wanted ham - one of the only things I remember from french class..) We sat in Maria's backyard one nice evening and I sighed and felt extremely content.

Maria, Jordan, Brooke and I also ventured to Fire Island - which was a day-long adventure. Missed the train, waited for the 1pm, transferred, took another train, took a ferry, and finally found ourselves on a stretch of white sand, wild ocean and very aggressive mosquitoes. My camera is broken, but here's a google image..



We jumped waves (I got knocked down so hard that I have a bruise on my shin,) lounged, snacked, and swam some more. It was a great day. So great that we almost missed the last ferry/train back. Our ferry was filled with overly tan, drunk, new york moms. How grand.

Went to Shakespeare on the Common in Boston on Tuesday with Nate, Laura, Anne Marie and Andy. It was A Comedy of Errors - set in 1930's Miami. It was perfect night - warm with a breeze. Play was great too!

Check out the classy ad


Tomorrow is the last Harvey Danger show in Boston (ever! Boo!) which I'm very much looking forward to... even though it's a bit sad. Video!



Gonna try to hit up the beach this weekend and Lauren & Karen's Big Lebowski themed party.

Hopefully going to NYC next weekend to nail down a lease and get all the balls rolling for real. Only a few weeks to make this happen! Jon is already calling dibs on my bedroom and I'm wondering how many boxes I'm going to need...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home