music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, April 23, 2009

My brother posted this on Facebook.. thought I would share (even though the three of you who read this probably already saw it. Oh well.)



"My grandfather and I.
I was about a month old.

He died 2 years later.

He accomplished a lot in his life, formed an accounting firm which still exists today, became the president of the American Institute of CPAs, met the Queen, etc.

He was supposedly adopted, but no one knows for sure where he really came from or which of his two birth certificates were real.

Virginia, his last wife, thinks his 'sister' was actually his mother, that his father was probably a Native American and that the truth was hidden to conceal what was then culturally taboo.

I wish I had been able to know him."



Unfortunately, I never got to meet Grandpa Bill - he died about 6 months before I was born I believe. In junior high I did some in depth report about his life - which was quite an incredible one. I have a gold locket with his picture that I've worn for my graduations, just so he'd be there.

Also, if you've ever wondered why my mom's so tan all the time - he's why.

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Calley said...

That really is such a precious picture. That's cool you've been able to find out so much about his life. Look at the sweet cuddly bebe you are. It almost, ALMOST makes me want to have another one. In like ten years maybe.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Beast said...

that's my brother, not me. Ohh you think my brother is soo cutee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home