music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Baked Eggs Test Run

I was searching for brunch ideas yesterday and found this delicious looking recipe.. Rather than trying it out day-of, I decided to do a test tonight to see how it worked out. I changed the recipe a bit - used thyme when cooking up the onion/tomato mixture. I used the small pita pockets halved for the "cups" and added sharp cheddar on top... here's the result:

Eggs bakin'







Overall it tasted pretty good. Fresh thyme would be better. And a bit of green onion on top... maybe a more potent cheese.. and more salt. Probably cook for a few minutes less so that the yolks were runny. But yeah. I liked. Will make on Saturday.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Calley said...

Scrumptious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home