music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, April 06, 2009

I neglected to mention that I went to SXSW and came back. It really happened. I ate queso at the Iron Cactus. I saw Matthew McConaughey on 4th st. My band list was not as extreme as it has been in the past.. There were no 40 bands in 4 days.. but there was some quality there:

Blind Pilot, The Thermals, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Tiger City, Coat Hangers, Cotton Jones, Eli Reed, Mason Proper, Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Mirah, Cut Off Your Hands, Ladyhawke, Bang Bang Eche, Scissors for Lefty, Here We Go Magic, The High Strung, King Kahn & the Shrines, Vetiver, Thao Nguyen, The Peekers and more.

Missed a chance to see Kanye (dammittt) cause I couldn't check my email (dammnn you perez hilton!!!)




Jaws was there and threatened our lives with tequila.


One benefit with being a little bit low key this year was not being dead for a week after.

And after that.. after that I've been trying to keep busy with un-funny comedy shows and sitting on the porch drinkin cold beers with friends, and going to the museum and walking around the city and trying to figure out what trip to take next (Melissa claims she's down for Mexico so I may hold her to it.) It's weird being forced to think only of yourself. I'm not quite sure I know how to do it correctly. I haven't quite made it to taking myself to a movie.

Next on the horizon is a pre-Easter dinner brunch on Saturday. I'm thinking baked eggs. Veggie sausage in a maple blanket. French toast planks with various dips. Fresh fruit with vanilla mint yogurt. It's been formulating in my brain. It'll be delicious.

New York in 2 weeks, Chicago in 6 weeks.. Not sure after that. Need to buy a tent. Need to plan escapes.

I have another blog. Just photos. Not much new yet.

Isabella Stewart Gardner from Sat.. before they made me put my camera away



Not my photos, but the courtyard is beautiful. The museum is three stories high with a glass ceiling and this in the middle.



I wanted everyone to leave so I could sit there with the trickling fountains and blooming flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home