music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I joined a new gym. With the move, I'm going to be far away from Brookline, and far far from the Coolidge Corner Gym, so it's bye bye CCG and hello BSC. I have never known more luxury than being able to sweat in a BSC gym. Piles and piles of white towels to wipe my brow, plenty of Dr. 90201 on my individual tv screen attached to my treadmill (45 minutes goes by like THAT) free shampoo, sauna, swimming pool! Oh man oh man. The best $60/mo I could ever spend.

I went for the first time yesterday where I was reminded that in normal gyms (not like CCG, where I've maybe seen someone using the shower once) people walk around all naked in the locker room. There's nothing like realizing you haven't been naked around strangers since the Bremerton YMCA to make you feel like a shy kid again. I'm 25 now though, so I had to convince myself to act natural while attempting to wrap the 4 inch towel around my naked ass. I'm convinced that they make those towels small to motivate you to lose weight. If only I was an inch smaller around! Then I would be able to wrap myself like the true modest prude that I am! Must. Run. 10. More. Miles.

Anyway, first day at the new gym, exposed to all sorts of strangers body parts. I braved my way to the shower and jumped in to take advantage of the free shampoo/bodywash/conditioner. After scrubbing the workout from my skin I reached out to grab my miniature towel. Guess what! It was gone. Somehow in the five minutes of me being in there, some towel-stealer had swooped in with its talons. I peeped out from behind the curtain considering "just going for it!" but quickly realized that there would be no other towels inside the locker room, since they're located out in the main room. DAMMITTTT!! Luckily, one of the women who was powerwashing the other showers ran and got me one. God bless her soul, but man what a cruel cruel initiation into the Watertown BSC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home