music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I forgot to mention that there's a dumpster directly outside my window. There's chipmonks and birds on there all day picking at garbage. I blame it for the two dead baby mice we threw in the trash tonight. They found their way into the apartment and died a slow death on the sticky glue mouse traps we have down. They were so little and cute. Poor little mice.

I went to the flea market today. I bought two necklaces and two scarves and a new wallet. I got hit on by a 70 year old irish man that told me I was nice to look at and still had at least 10 years left to get married. Thanks for the comfort old man. This was all because I asked the price of a clarinet. Lo and behold, Andy has an "extra" clarinet that he might give me. Apparently his school was getting rid of their music program (WTF?) and were going to just throw away the instruments (WTF x2.) So who knows, I may be in possession of a clarinet soon. Perhaps I will be more eager to play it than I was at age 14.

I started going through my things tonight to try to downsize before the move. I have at least one grocery bag full of cds and two bags of clothes/shoes so far. I also threw out all the paintings that I'd done that wasn't really proud of (all of them.) I haven't done any of my shit painting in about two years anyway, so now they're in that damn dumpster.

This weekend:
Checked out the apartment again
Ate lots of nachos
Watched On the Lot a bunch
Wrapped and iced Hunter's torn ligament/sprained ankle several times
Fell asleep on the floor
Saw the Simpsons movie
Bought some dresses
Bought some shoes
Bought a _______ (secret!!)

Still need to figure out a restaurant to take H on Friday. I <3 Boston Chefs. Also need to reserve a zip car and get some Six Flags tix. And then there's the wedding djing! agghghghhg. That's just a whole 'nother monster.

Mom is coming Sept 18th-23rd (I think.) We might go to Maine and do some hiking and whatnot.

Not sure about Seattle trip, but getting more and more anxious to go back.. Vicki IM'd me to say she was there for the block party and I tried not to be insanely jealous.

Shout Out Out Out Out this week, They Shoot Horses Don't They next week. Yessss. Been so long.

This Bishop Allen record is really fucking good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home