music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, September 07, 2009

I just spent about a minute and a half trying to find the @ on this keyboard. Clunk clunk clunk.

Arrived 2 hours late on Saturday, due to an unruley passenger in Dallas. Honestly, sitting at the gate for 2 extra hours wouldn´t have been so bad if I didnt have Captain Complainer sitting behind me whining about how they were throwing suitcases around outside our window and questioning why Unruly Passenger would have wasted all his money buying a plane ticket if he was gonna be a douche. Plus Polish Hacking Cough kept shouting about wanting to leave and needing tequila.

Thank you Kava Kava for your natural anti-anxiety benefits. I was cool as a cucumber.

Hopped in a taxi once I got through customs, and arrived at the Gran Hotel by 10pm. Too late for dinner, too late for a beer. Not too late to listen to wheelchaired trumpet player man in the giant public square outside my window. He played Blue Moon and it killed me.

Woke up at 5:30am yesterday (weird hours, weird airplane sleep) and enjoyed a breakfast of fresh fruit and toast with guava jam. I will eat my weight in pineapple while I am here. It is incredible.

My tour bus was over an hour late (cause I guess the guy didnt show up for work and they had to bring in another dude.) The guide's name was Will and I think he developed a crush on me by the end of the day.. insisted on a hug and gave me a kiss on the cheek? Eeek. We picked up Tomas and Andrew, who reminded me of those short little dudes from the last season of Amazing Race, and got on our way.

Ok, I'm tired of blogging. I will wait until I have pictures cause thatĺl make things more interesting. Iḿ gonna go out in San Jose now and try not to get robbed.

OH MAN! The Costa Rican goth kids!!! they were out in the square last night and I was pretty much obsessed.

Also, I saw a sloth and a tucan hung out on my arm. Touristyyy.

Mom gets in at 1pm - river rafting to Puetro Viejo tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home