music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, September 03, 2009

I've been saving up my credit card "Thank You" points and decided to use them to save myself some money for something I know that I will need and use and love..

TADA!!


I wasn't sure what to expect, and only cooking will tell how they are, but they arrived today and are sooooo pretty and heavy.. and BIG. They beg to be used for dinner parties, especially the gigantic saute pan (my burners at my new place are big, so this will work just fine.)

On the drive home today (in which my coworker played a John Mayer record and I texted Dan lyrics to "Your Body is a Wonderland," which I dont think he appreciated,) I got a little tenderhearted on myself, thinking about the next few weeks.

I remember sitting on my couch on my 27th birthday and telling Nell that I thought this year was going to be a big year of change - I'm not sure if I had a feeling then of what was to come, or just thinking that propelled me to make the needed changes.. but I was right. I'm at a point that I never expected - starting over in many ways.. and that is really exciting to me.

Taking the last few months to be selfish completely - to surround myself with people I care about and who I love and trust - traveling to new places - doing things I'd loved but had fallen by the wayside - has been so incredibly beneficial. At this point I feel so secure in myself - in who I am, and my abilities - and that feels really fucking good.

For a long time I let myself believe I wasn't good enough or that I couldn't be good enough, no matter what I did. Now I know that's not true. I am doing everything I've wanted to do, and I'm doing it on my own. I'm taking a crazy trip to a foreign country that I planned, I'm moving to a new city (to a great apartment) with what I've saved over the last year, I'm growing in knowledge & confidence at my job. I really believe I can do anything. I believe I deserve the best, and I'm willing to make that happen for myself.

Basically, I'm happy. And I've been eating WAY too much ice cream this week.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home