music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's warm in my room, so now I'm in a coma. In a coma and surrounded by bags because I went shopping : ( Camera case, new (less fab) onesie, sweater vest, too high heels, jeans, green tshirt dress, scarf, tank.. look at me go..

I walked from my house to Garment District to the Galleria and home in my cheapo slipons I bought for the trip.. My feet are paying for it. I'm dumb.

Karen's birthday was on Friday, so we went out for a bday dinner at Cuchi Cuchi Thurs night. Wicked expensive, but very delicious:

Fried Artichoke Hearts (Italy) - filled w/ gorgonzola, pistachios & basil
Couscous (Morocco)

Then we went to Make It New... at least for a bit.




Christina and Ricardo bought champagne!


I headed home early cause I had a conference call in the morning, but it was a good night!

Work was interesting.. I finally told some of my coworkers about my move, including our "office mom" - who is in the know about all the inner workings of the company. She got me a bit worried - since my boss hasn't talked to HR and whatnot about me going. I sat at my desk for like an hour pale as a ghost, wondering if this whole thing was gonna fall through.

But it didn't. Or hasn't yet..

Basically my boss DID talk to his boss, who then talked to the CEO, and they think me moving is a great opportunity. They want me to create a new role for myself, with more responsibility (depending on how my boss' position changes.) It looks like I'll be dealing a bit more closely with the labels, but I'm not sure what capacity yet. I don't know if this is a "promotion".. we'll see how things develop.. But ya, whew whew.

Anyyyyway. This weekend Colleen was in town visiting her BFF Patty, who's starting at MIT. I met up with them for dinner at Cambridge 1 and we caught up on the last 6+ months. Then we stopped by Charlie's and headed to Vib's for his moving-out-of-Inman party.

ok I'm bored of blogging. Thanks!

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Calley said...

You look so pretty in that picture. The teeth, the bangs, the shirt, its all fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home