music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Takers and Terrors



Philadelphia's CityPaper.net has posted a rad article about our friends at Park the Van Records, which you can read here.

Last summer, when Pirate was about to work Easy Beat for PTV, I emailed Chris an annoyed "ummm why haven't I heard from you in forever" email... and he replied with an "umm my apartment and office were destroyed in Hurricane Katrina" email. I felt like the biggest a-hole ever (dudes, I didn't KNOW that he lived there!), but luckily he forgave me and came to our Christmas party, where I proceeded to ramble on about how great I think the label is. And I still do!

Park the Van has recently released Dr. Dog's new Takers and Leavers EP. The record has six tracks, including two from their upcoming full length, which will come out in 2007. The first 1000 copies (available in select stores throughout the country) are handmade, each with original artwork.. so get 'em while they last!

Also check out Dance Away the Terror, the new record from The Capitol Years! Pitchfork likes it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home