music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, October 05, 2009

So I made it! All in one piece! With all of my belongings included!

Magically, my move well incredibly smooth (except that last 15 minutes getting into Brooklyn where I forgot which was left and which was right cause I was so excited to get here.) I drove the 10 foot Budget truck the 4+ hours it took to get here, and did a pretty excellent job - even Doug was impressed. Overbought at Ikea, fit everything down the stairs..

Took the first night and next half day to put things togethe/away (except my clothes, which are still on the floor.)

Friday night Lindsey and Maria came over for wine, before we went to meet up with a bunch of people at Nita Nita, and then stopped by Daddy's.

Saturday was brunch with Brooke, Mads (finally met him!) and Kasey at Habitat. Fell asleep during Reality Bites, went grocery shopping, fell asleep during Rosemary's Baby - slept for like 9 more hours.. I guess the moving tired me out.

Yesterday I met Lindsay for lunch at Essex, which is an insanely loud and busy eatery on the LES.. Guess who we saw when we were leaving?



Daniel V from Project Runway! What a dream boat.

Pickle Day was going on on Orchard, so we met up with Brooke, Mads, Noelle and Emma.. Ate some pickles and some pickles beets, some mustard and some whipped honey. Basically it was a celebration of pickled things.. and more?

Then we took a long long walk to the South Seaport and caught the free ferry to Govenor's Island - 10 minute trip away. It was a gorgeous day to walk around - and there happened to be a jazz-age celebration happening.. which meant lots of 20's and 30's garb..

I was on a sepia kick : )





Govenor's Island used to be used to protect the harbor and house military personnel. Lots of old closed up brick buildings. My favorite.




Got back and headed to Union Sq to meet up with Doug and Matt, who were watching the 49er's game at some bar filled with insane fans. Like crazy testosterone fans.. It was fairly entertaining, even despite my lack of football knowledge.

Headed back to Brooklyn for a late dinner with Spindler - then finally home after a long long great day.

I love it here, have I mentioned that?

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Calley said...

I've been waiting for this post! Sigh. New York, I seriously can't even imagine. You're living the dream! I'm so glad you love it there. Now this means you need to post double time, since there's double the things to post about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home