music machinery, verbal wizardry

Friday, September 25, 2009

Ahh so the stick in my spokes.

Got got called into the boss & boss's office yesterday. After praising me for a bit (thanks dudez,) they gave me some not so good news. Apparently they didn't follow procedure properly and me moving down as a full time employee would cost them half of my salary in taxes and whatnot (I have no idea how it works, so I'll just trust them.)

However, they have offered me a 6 month independent contract..

+/-

+ I'll be making more money, and be able to get paid for overtime.
- I will have to put aside money to pay my own taxes
- I will have to pay my own insurance
- No PTO
+ They're paying out my leftover accrued vacation, something like 5 days I think.
+ They're going to cover my cell and internet,
+ They're paying for my insurance for October.
+ I can get paid every 15 days, instead of once a month like most contractors.

I may have a migraine about it now, but I am trying to look on the bright side - they've made changes to the contract to make it better for me, which was very nice of them - my boss said that he'll give me a recommendation to wherever I apply and said he would help if he has any ins at a company I'm interested in. I am hoping this'll give me an opportunity to find something great in New York - and I'm glad I have at least a few months to find something that works well for me.

I will figure this out once I'm settled in.. For now I will focused on packing, my Grilled Cheese going away party tomorrow, and making this move as smooth as possible.

This week has gone by so slow. I want to stab my eyes out!!!!

Also, I've decided on a couch.



Did I mention Lindsey S. will be in NYC when I get in? I haven't seen her in years.. There's gonna be some lady bonding and wine drinking for sure. Ahh lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home