music machinery, verbal wizardry

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Kashmir

As I grow older, it's important for me to re-try things that I thought that I hated. I still don't like jello or cough syrup, but maybe, just maybe, Indian food ain't that bad.

The special occasion was the arrival of Garrison, one of Hunter's (several) younger brothers. He's in town for the weekend so his bro is trying to take him to all the the exciting things there are to enjoy in Boston if you're 16. By the way, Boston pretty much blows if you're under 21 and it only slightly better if you're 18+.

We made reservations at Kashmir, an atmospheric Indian restaurant tucked below Newbury Street.

Kashmir Vegetarian Platter Assorted combination of Vegetable Pakoras, Samosa, Tikki and Cheese Pakoras (served with a trio of chutneys)

Garlic Naan Unleavened, handmade bread stuffed with fresh garlic

Poori (2) Whole wheat, deep fried puffed bread

Malai Kofta Vegetable balls cooked in a creamy nut sauce with fresh herbs and spices

Tandoori Rack of Lamb Rack of Lamb marinated in yogurt and exotic spices, succulent and tender from our clay oven

H&G shared something else but I can't remember the name of it.. and our meal was served with Basmati rice.


The appetizers and breads were great and I couldn't get enough of the mint chutney. My entree was good, but I don't know if I'd order it again. The tomato sauce was rich and creamy, but tasted a little too familiar. Luckily they have a fairly good vegetarian selection, so I have many other options to try.

Indian food=not so bad.. so I guess I gotta swallow my pride on this one. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home