music machinery, verbal wizardry

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Weekend Ruins

For the most part this weekend was shit. I won't lie, I spent 2/3 of it cursing my body and consuming copious amount of cran and water and ibuprofen. But now it's Sunday and I'm feeling better.. just in time for work tomorrow. Hmm..

Saw Boogie Nights (and Mark Wahlberg's "prosthetic" penis) for the first time, as well as part one of Spike Lee's documentary about Hurricane Katrina. Also whipped up some slightly undercooked multi-colored potatoes and Dutch Babies and sweetened raspberries for breakfast this morning. And mimosas, which helped the disappointment of making a slightly undercooked meal more bearable.

I bought another cookbook, mostly for the cover picture of greens that looked strangely similar to the ones that Hunter and I had in Chinatown a couple weeks ago...So maybe I can recreate them. Maybe. It's called Fresh Food Fast and has such recipes as Seared Tofu with Spicy Black Beans and Mango Salsa, Chipotle Roasted Potatoes, Balsamic-Roasted Seitan with Cipollini Onions and Warm White Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Smoked Mozzarella. I'm dying just thinking about it. Hopefully there'll be lots of excuses to cook in the next few weeks.

Melissa and Sean are gonna be in NYC at the beginning of March. She called this "good but annoying" news but I just call it good news.. cause 4 hours by bus is a hell of a lot closer than 5+ hours by airplane. Plus they're like, my favorite people ever. Melissa once kicked some guys ass at a show cause he crowd surfed on top of my head. By beat up I mean she ripped his glasses from his face and threw them on stage. It was a Hot Hot Heat show in Canada. Shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home