music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Totally Stuffed

Last night Doug, Loryn and I headed to Park Ave. for some restaurant week extravagance at the wonder that is Artisanal. Here's what I put in my belly:


ORGANIC MESCLUN
with Herb Vinaigrette

PUMPKIN RISOTTO
Wild Mushrooms & Truffle Essence

FROMAGES DU JOUR
(goat cheese from Montreal, blue cheese from France and one other)


We each got one of the desserts (or in my case, cheese,) so I also got to sample the Exotic Fruit Soup and Artisanal Cheesecake (which Loryn claimed gave her a physical reaction cause it was so good.)

By the time we meandered down the street looking for the subway, I was half-convinced I was gonna explode from overconsumption. Just the way I like it.

We headed to Piano's to catch Mason Proper's set and I of course took too many pictures (twice as many cause Brian wanted me snagging ones with his camera.) Afterwards I shared a table and some drinks with Maria and Loryn and felt content that I was with two people who have known me longer than anyone else on this coast (Loryn and I did some ridiculous story trading over dinner.. the "remember when we _______ when we were 14" types of stories. Completely embarassing types of stories.) By the time I realized it was time to go it was after 1:30am and I expertly maneuvered my way back to Astoria and into my guest bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home