music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, January 15, 2007

Sensory Overload

This weekend I saw my worst nightmare realized.

The movie was excellent... dark and emotionally heavy.. and violent, which no one warned me about (*ahem* Doug.) I may have spent much of the movie with my eyes closed.

Friday night Heather, Laura and I "made" (aka heated up chili) dinner and drank wine before heading out to see my new love Via Audio at the Paradise Lounge, where we each scooped up a copy of their 2004 EP. The band slightly reminds me of Noise For Pretend who put out a record a few years back on Hush. Anyway, I've been constantly listening to VA's song We Can Be Good, which should be on their upcoming full length.. Jessica's vocal inflection is absolute perfection. Can't wait to see what this band does this year.

Sunday I got what I wished for in my previous post (sorta.) Hunter and I went shopping in the morning, gathering fresh veggies and cans of beans and stewed tomatoes and whatnot and went to work for the next few hours... After a non-blind taste test, Nate said he liked my chili more, and since he was the only person who took part in the chili cook-off tasting, I guess that means I won. Ahahaah!**

I took the rest of my chili down to GS where I watched the Pats beat San Diego and debated with Christine and Laura whether or not Tom Brady is attractive. Following the win Carl put on Melissa's pink and white Pats jersey and did the most embarassing ass shaking dance I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of ass shaking dancing. Oh just another grand day the Great Scott..

THE DEARS ARE IN BOSTON TOMORROW!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

** sorry Hunter***
*** not really

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home