music machinery, verbal wizardry

Monday, August 07, 2006

Intimidation, intimidation

For months (years??) now I've been swirling like 50,000 ideas around in my head but have yet to get to a place where I can put them into action and I'm starting to get a wee bit frustrated with myself. What is the point of a good idea if it can't be properly executed? I spend a lot of time watching Project Runway, you'd think that I would understand the importance of that. If I was on the show, Heidi would have Auf'd me a long time ago.

Example #1:
Turn August 19th into a sweaty dance party called Wet Hot American Summer with So Many Dynamos and Porches on the Autobahn and DJs Finger on the Pulse. Free popsicles, fun hula hooping. Play movie all night. Have sponsors giving out free stuff. Have ridiculous fun. Change it up.

Problems: FOTP can't DJ. I have no DJ still. Which leads to.... no fliers. Also no sponsors yet. Can't get Porsches dude to respond (especially since I was slow to respond). No photoshop on my computer= relying on someone else to make a flier... Can't rush someone I've only given like 2 days notice to. Ugh.

Example #2
You Like It. Right now you can look at THIS.. It's not the real thing, not even close. This has been the #1 idea for some time now. It's been discussed with many, applauded by most, and then shoved quietly onto the back burner while I deal with other things like: work, work, The Plan, work work, Team Courage, sleep etc. But I'm sick of ignoring it. On one hand I like the idea of letting an idea develop in my head a bit, but this has been far too long. Almost a year I believe. So I will begin putting together a database.. begin creating the structure of how it will work and when. I will figure out how I will pay for it too. Any once it takes off, I will count my riches and my blessings and move into a loft apartment with a water view. Or something like that.

Example #3
Team Courage has been executed but in soft form. Three shows so far, each moderately successful (well, sorta.) But with nothing coming up until October, it's time to expand and think of new places/things/etc. to add into it.


I guess the main obstacles are time management, money management and focus. So yeah, as soon as I fix those things, we're good to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home