music machinery, verbal wizardry

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

3 Years Running

Every year, Doug and I talk about going to Pop Montreal. Every year, our plans fall through. Total bummer! Obviously there's great bands that play there, but mostly it's a great excuse to go to Montreal for a few days. Also, I love any chance I get to frighten Omar with renditions of Tainted Love.

Anyway, I really had high hopes for this year. It was a week later than NEMO, and a few weeks before CMJ and.. and.. well, it's not gonna happen. Why? Because of band I adore called Harvey Danger playing on October 5th, the second night of the festival. If it wasn't their first tour in 2398908 years and if I wasn't presenting it and if it wasn't Tim's birthday we ruined, I might consider bailing for the North... but I can't. One day I'll make it up there dammit. It will be glorious.

Jeff is leaving for Chico next week after finishing up his summer internship, and I am very succeptible to guilt tripping, so it looks like I will be attending this tonight:


I like trying out new nights and I've been meaning to give Middlesex another try, but something about the neon and the bling makes me worried. Or does it make me excited? I'm not really sure. Hopefully this will be as ridiculous as it looks.

Last night I started to piece together a database for You Like It.. which means me sorta experimenting with Filemaker. So far so good! I can now store someone's address, phone number and email address! ......


Last night I set my alarm with the full intention of going to the gym (as always) but when my alarm went off, I was having a lovely dream of waiting for a table at a mexican restaurant and rolling down a hill into a shallow pond, so in my half-sleep, I reset my alarm.. too bad I neglected to turn the thing back on, cause I woke up about 10 mins before needing to leave for work. Heeyy greasy.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Did you end up going to the Middlesex Lounge? If I lived in Boston I would go with you and we could dance to crack hop sex jams into the wee morning hours.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Bethany said...

i did go but had to leave by like midnight to catch the train home, which is always the bummer about boston. twas a good time while it lasted though. i mean, crack hop is just so rad.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Sean Nelson said...

don't feel bad, b! harvey danger ruined my life, too.

(also, we're playing pop montreal the night before the Boston show, on 9/4, and you would be our most welcome guest if you decided to come.)

xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home