music machinery, verbal wizardry

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ah Wednesday. Watching Do The Right Thing and vaguely looking for jobs. I feel like I've been looking for jobs constantly for 2 years. Having jobs, looking for other jobs. Over and over again.

This happened this week. I was safe (again? 3 times in a row?), but my boss was not so lucky. And we keep on going.

I've been a bad blogger. I haven't really felt the blog urge. My hours are weird. Up late, falling asleep on the couch at 6pm. The lack of structure is a change, but yet I feel calm. This is new. I'm unshakable. Who knew?

I turned 28. Can you believe it. I blinked and I went from 22 to 28. What has happened in the nearly 6 years I've been on the East Coast? WHO KNOWS.

Saw Where the Wild Things Are. Saw Dent May, Let's Wrestle, Pete & the Pirates, Black Whales, The Maldives, The Whore Moans, Surf City and Dutchess & the Duke during CMJ. Nothing impressed me that much, but it was good to catch up with friends.

I spend most Sundays eating brunch with Brooke and then watching musicals and Disney movies on her projector.

I eat way more deli sandwiches than I could ever have imagined.

I love living alone (never imagined in a million years that I would be able to) but DO get lonely.. sometimes. Other times I'm quite content curled up on the couch with netflix or making a dinner for myself.

So much cleaner about everything. I'm learning adult habits.

Loryn still manages to amaze me. We talk about our stupid teenage selves and our stupid current selves. I told her to come back to WA and we would visit her old house on the huge hill.

I am happy to live so close to Douglas, but miss Nate.

Upcoming visitors: Jon, Elianna, Aunt Nancy.

I need to join the gym. This week. No excuses.

So many museums I need to go to, places I need to see. Focus focus focus...

Where is a nice fellow? Hmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home