music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Nika's Friends Are Famous

I've technically only met Joe Somar once. It was after a Fxxxing Lion show where he rolled around on the ground with his shirt off. He was bleeding when I shook his hand. Anyway, he got taken to People's Court. And this clip has apparently made him an internet superstar..




And, in very tenative news.... you know how I raved about Shout Out Out Out Out a few weeks back? Well it looks like they'll be coming to Boston in March.. and it looks like Team Courage and Happy Endings might be involved. Ian and I are going a little nuts over it and trying not to scare off their booking agent with our excitement. They're pretty great, despite what Pitchfork says.


I am attempting to put together my Top 10 for 2006 to submit to CMJ. I didn't send in a list last year because having to choose between records makes me feel a little panicked.. there's a few clear winners this year though.. records I've listened to so much that I've annoyed everyone around me (*ahem* Dears).. So as soon as it's done, I'll get it up here.. maybe with explanations of why. That's be fun, yeah?

Speaking of The Dears, two weeks from now, I will be seeing them. In Montreal. Je suis très excité. I am also looking forward to butchering as much of the French language as possible. I still know how to order a ham sandwich. I think.

My semi-annual trip to the greater Seattle area will commence on December 18th. I plan on kissing babies (not my own) and making dinner for old friends (possibly) and spending time with my dear Mother. And you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home