music machinery, verbal wizardry

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mine's a Kickdrum

In the past year or two, I've gotten extremely lucky. Not like $$$ lucky or being rescued from a freezing river by a dog with a broken leg kind of lucky.. but oh-my-favorite-bands-from-years-gone-by-have-reunited lucky. Call me crazy, but sometimes I think I had better taste in music when I was 17 than I do now (let's ignore my ska & swing phase please.)

Anyway, first it was Harvey Danger deciding to start playing shows and putting out a new fantastic album and then coming to Boston and totally blowing my mind... And yeah yeah The Rentals are back together (haven't seen them yet, slightly bitter.) But now, NOW in time for Racetrack's last two shows (which I missed) my beloved Peter Parker decided to start playing again. I adored them through many-a-months through my youth (short attention span, yeah?) and I when I remember to throw it on at The Plan, I am transported back to a time when the Masonic Temple was a great place for a show and I listened to 107.7 The End religiously.

I'm guessing I won't get a chance to catch them when I'm in Seattle next month, but regardless, I've been inspired to dust off my copy of Migliore! (stolen from Eric Christianson circa 2000.)

Oh geek.


p.s. It hit 69 degrees in Boston. The last time it was that warm was 1881. A fun fact brought to you by Steve Theo

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Douglas said...

i agree.
but i would include your love of ska too. i mean you like crap now all i ever hear you listen to is raffi

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home